Monday, November 15, 2010

Daily Routines

I'm sort of OCD when it comes to the products I depend on every day.  After what seems like a very long, tedious amount of time, I think I have found a few products that work well and don't irritate my sensitive skin.


Cetaphil is a must.  Whenever my skin gets a little too irritated, I quickly stop whatever I'm using and turn to Cetaphil.  It's so simple and gentle.  Technically I should use it everyday but I get bored and try new washes, which is probably not best for my skin.


I guess I don't use these face products every single day but they aren't any less important.  DDF's sulfur mask and Peter Thomas Roth's cleanser are both purchases I got recently and so far so good.  The mask leaves my pores so tiny it's like nothing I've ever seen before and the cleanser is gentle but I can tell still very effective.  St. Ives' scrub is awesome.  It's not too harsh but still has enough scrubbies in it so that it actually exfoliates my skin.  I also use Retin-A Micro for any spots (not pictured).


As far as make-up goes, I'm obsessed with what I put on my face.  I've been through so many different products that I consider myself an expert on the subject (so come to me with ?'s).  Currently I'm using Laura Mercier's oil free primer and on top of that LM's silk creme foundation.  For under-eyes, Make Up For Ever's concealer is amazing and you barely have to use any.  Definitely the oldest and my most relied-upon product is my cover-up by Amazing Cosmetics.  I've had this tube for years now (probably not very cleanly) and I have never considered replacing it with something else, it's that good.  Honestly all you need is a tiny amount to cover a zit and you're good for the day.



After I've put on all my face products I set it with Make Up For Ever's HD Microfinish Powder.  It's a white, loose powder that sucks up any oil on your face and kind of just smoothes everything over.  Next I use Nars' blush in Orgasm (obviously) and a bronzer by Too Faced that actually smells and tastes like chocolate (soo cool).


Generally I don't use any type of eyeshadow during the day, just a little eyeliner and mascara and I'm good.  I go through mascara pretty quickly and I'm always looking for the next good one.  Right now that one is called Supernova Mascara by Fresh.  Eyeliner is something that I always have a ton of.  But no matter what I always rely on Make Up For Ever's Aqua Eyes brown liner for everyday.


Normally I don't wear anything on my lips.  They're fairly big and if I wear anything too bright or shiny I feel like they're taking over my whole face.  If I do chose not to wear my typical balm, I'll grab Fresh's Sugar Plum balm that gives a tiny hint of color.


No comments:

Post a Comment