Monday, October 25, 2010

Sephora Haul

While I was home I did some much (un)needed shopping for makeup at Sephora and as always, I went a little overboard while I was there.  I went with the intention of buying a new undereye concealer, and left with a bag full of goodies.  The first amazing thing I found was this crazy sort of moisturizer serum-type thing. It's from Make Up For Ever and it's called High Definition Elixir.  I have superrr sensitive skin and every so often it gets really dry, red and irritated.  Apparently this stuff boosts hydration by some ridiculous percent (520% to be exact) after 15 minutes of being on the skin.  Obviously after seeing that crazy number I had no choice but to get it.  So far its been good, my skin hasn't been dry at all since then and it's really good at smoothing everything over before you put on makeup.


The undereye concealer I did end up buying is also from Make Up For Ever and I'm really pleased with it.  It's called HD Invisible Cover Concealer and I had seen it around a lot but never considered buying it until it was voted best concealer in Allure magazine's beauty awards.  Allure magazine knows their shit so I knew it really was the best concealer out there.  So far I loveee it.  It comes in this little pen with a rubber tip at the end.  It's super creamy and goes on my dry eye area really well.


The third thing I got was Laura Mercier's Silk Creme Foundation.  I've been through countless LM face products and I have loved all of them so I knew this would also be fabulous.  Recently my skin has been looking like that of a 13-year-old boy going through puberty so I decided I need to ditch the tinted moisturizer and step it up a notch.  The added coverage is definitely appreciated and it still doesn't look like I'm wearing a lot on my face so I love it.

All pictures courtesy of Sephora.com

The last product I got was only a little bit unnecessary.. I ended up grabbing a nail polish on my way to the checkout line that caught my eye.  It's a little like OPI's You Don't Know Jacques that I had on a few weeks ago but lighter and more sparkly.  I put it on a couple days ago and I really like it.  It's kind of got a hint of green in it and it hasn't chipped at all which is rare when I apply it myself.




No comments:

Post a Comment